Wednesday 15 April 2015

MAGAZINE COVER COMPARISON

This is a comparison between my inspiration front covers and my design so far.
 
I have used THE WIRE as my main inspiration because of its basic style and its clear structure that does not come across as formal. this is good because this style is achieved by using basic fonts and basic images. instead of using a portrait shot i have sued a group shot because of the single shots that I have used throughout my magazine. by using a group shot this has allowed me to achieve a contrasting but similar effect to THE WIRE magazine.
 
 I have used the idea of text at the side of the magazine in ne of the thirds because this allows the  reader to have a minimal insight into what the magazine involves. this allows them to have just enough to know what the magazine is about but not enough to have full knowledge therefore making them want to buy it and read on.
 
I have used the barcode and the style at the bottom of the page because just above the barcode it hays the name of the magazine the issue number and the place of publish but it also says the cost in different currency's. this is effective because it shows that this magazine is wider than one country.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment